Massimo Carmassi

Designer

Massimo Carmassi

Born in 

1942, Pisa

Awards and recognitions

-Gold medal H. Tessenow

della Fondazione Schumacher 

- Internationale Bauakademie Berlin member

-Honorary Fellow of the American

Institute of Architect

Massimo Carmassi was born in Pisa in 1943.

He is a full professor of architectural and urban design at the Venice University Institute of Architecture. He has taught "Architectural Design" at the architecture faculties of Ferrara, Genoa, Turin, Reggio Calabria, the Mendrisio Academy of Architecture, the Hochschule der Kust in Berlin and at Syracuse University in New York. After founding and managing the Projects Office in Pisa from 1974 to 1990, he is currently performing his professional activities at the restoration and new architecture firm he manages in Florence. He was president of the Pisa and Province Professional Architects’ Association from 1981 to 1985.

The various acknowledgements he has received include the H. Tessenow gold meal of the Schumacher Foundation. He is an academic of the architecture class at the Florence Academy of Design, an academic of San Luca Academy, a member of the Internationale Bauakademie Berlin and an honorary fellow of the American Institute of Architects.

His works have been published in national and international journals and in numerous monographs, including: Del Restauro: quattordici case, Electa, Milan 1998; Opere e progetti, Massimo e Gabriella Carmassi, Electa, Milan 2004

 

Projects